A Sample of What Our Users Are Saying:
- Hello: Just to let you know I found a job as an editor at [United Press International] that was listed on your service. Thanks for the help. You provide a valuable service!
- Your site is the best. We had to pull that ad because we're getting too many applicants -- we can't keep up with them all!
The Seattle Times
- FYI: My last three hires
have been people who applied in response to my ads on
JournalismJobs.com. All three have turned out to be excellent
hires...jj.c is THE BEST website for finding the best people.
Steve Fagan, Editor
- Just wanted you to know that we hired our new Assistant Editor from our ad
on Journalismjobs.com. This ad
far out-pulled Editor & Publisher and everyone else. I'll certainly use it
again for our next opening.
Connie Swaim, Managing Editor
- We like your site very much!
Josh Gross, Publisher
Beverly Hills Weekly
- "We filled the job via an applicant who found us on
JournalismJobs.com -- a young Harvard grad.
So thank you!"
-- Bonnie Erbe,
"To The Contrary," PBS
- "JournalismJobs.com has been a great resource for candidates."
Midwest Deputy Bureau Chief
- "I just wanted to say thank you. I received a great number of
responses to my ad on your site and was able to hire two urgently
needed reporters. I'll be using you again in the future."
Human Resources Manager
Warsaw Business Journal / New World Publishing
- "I just wanted to inform you of my success story. I posted a resume on your site and was contacted by a newspaper in Daytona Beach, the News-Journal. From there, I interviewed, was offered a position and moved to Florida."
- "I placed an ad for a web
producer on journalismjobs.com
and within 24 hours I had
resumes and phone numbers of
four qualified candidates. No
wait. No fuss. Just results."
Thanks, Donn Friedman
Manager, Technology & Production
Albuquerque, New Mexico
- "When I'm looking to hire reporters and editors, JournalismJobs.com is the first resource I use."
Matt Hufman, Recruiting and Development Editor
Los Angeles Newspaper Group
- "I've been getting a HUGE response [to our copy editor ad]... Nice work!"
The New York Times
- "I've found some great candidates, and hires, through JournalismJobs.com!"
Managing Editor, CNNfn.com
New York City
- "Your site is great. We just hired a highly-qualified news writer."
--Jessica Shaw, WBUR
- "NPR was an early advertiser on JournalismJobs.com, and we continue to use it
because the ads bring results."
-- Cheryl Imelda Hampton, Director of Newsroom Recruiting, National Public Radio
- "I stumbled upon your site this morning and think
it's awesome. I've been a freelance writer for seven years and recently got [a job]
as a full-time staff reporter at a small, but really great paper. But now I'll
know where to look when I'm ready to move up to a larger
publication. Forget the classified ads. This is the place to look."
- "Thanks to an ad I saw at JournalismJobs.com, I am now working at the Kenosha News. The variety of job listings and the accessibility of information were very helpful in my search. Thanks again."
- "Wanted to let you know I recently accepted a job with the Macon (Ga.)
Telegraph with the assistance of your site. They saw my resume posted online and contacted me. Things went from there."
- "I'm writing to congratulate JournalismJobs.com on a top notch site. I posted my resume and in less than a week, I received 7 job offers from respectable news
agencies in exciting (and not so exciting) regions across the nation. The
good news is that I landed a senior editor job at my own paper, so
I'm taking down my resume from your site. But I will continue to peruse
your service to gauge what's happening in other newsrooms.
Thanks and keep up the good work!"
Aspen Daily News
- "As a result of JournalismJobs.com, I landed a reporting job at the
Los Angeles Daily News. Your service is great. I would recommend it to
- "I want to thank you for the service. I've just accepted a position at
the Bend (Ore.) Bulletin as a Prep Sports Coordinator, a job posting I found
on your web site. Thank you and, if needed, I won't hesitate to use your site again."
- "We received some great responses to our ads and just hired a VP of Content."
Farland Chang, Managing Editor, ISEEYOU1st.com
Former anchor for CNN International
- "I posted my resume with your service and
within 24 hours, I received several telephone calls and e-mails asking to either see samples or to book an interview...
I accepted a position in Tarentum, Pa. [with the Valley News Dispatch]... I liked your service so much, I recommended it to my previous employer to search for my replacement."
- "I've just been offered a long-term, freelance contract which will virtually
double my annual income. Thanks JournalismJobs.com, for an opportunity your
service made possible."
Food Editor, Scottsdale Life magazine
- "Dear JournalismJobs.com:
I found a job using your service. I am now working as
a copy editor at the Morning Star News in Wilmington,
N.C. I love my new job and location. Thank you for
all of your help."
Sarah F. Mikutel
- "I wanted to let you know that I received about 150 online resumes as a result of my freelance [writing] notice on your site... Some 20 resumes came in the mail today. WOW!!!"
Vele Keyta, Publisher/Editor, PROUD Magazine
- "Thanks JournalismJobs.com! I found a job at The Palm Beach Post [as a features designer]."
- "I wanted to thank you for all of your help in my job search. I accepted a
job with KSNW-TV in Wichita, Kansas. KSNW heard about me through your
website... Thank you so much for everything!"
- "Just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with your service. Because
of JournalismJobs.com, my new employer [The Chillicothe Gazette] was able to find me [in your resume database]."
- "Two days ago I said yes to an employer, MediaLifeMagazine.com, that found
me on your Web site. Thanks!"
- "To JournalismJobs.com:
I attended your job fair in Washington D.C. on April 19.
Because of it, I am now working [as a reporter] at The Baltimore Sun.
Thank you very much."
- "I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your service. I accepted a position today as the managing editor [for the The Northern Wyoming Daily News]. It all started with a job notification from you. Again, thank you."
Jeff St. Peter
- "I love your service -- it's the best! I am talking with a group on the West
Coast and just this week Gannett called. This is getting exciting!
-- Lynn Bulmahn
- "Hi -- I just visited your site for the first time and I'm very impressed. (I
am a reporter at a legal newspaper in California. I'm not looking for a job
but it's WONDERFUL to know this site exists.) Keep up the good work!"
- "I just wanted to thank the brains behind the site. This is a long awaited
resource that media professionals like myself are in need of. This site is
truly a blessing :-) Keep up the great work!"
- "My name is Christina Kirksey and I found employment [with Business Wire] from the postings on JournalismJobs.com. Thanks very much."
- "We just hired [an editorial assistant]! I got a ton of responses from your site."
Thanks, Amy Stern, Associate Editor, Congressional Quarterly
- "We are very pleased with the quality and number of responses to our ads. You
have a great resource!"
Associate Director, Human Resources, PBS
- "I saw your web site in the Online Writing Digest. What a wonderful site!"
Marcia E. Kelley
"You guys have a great service. We have filled a number of editorial positions since using your site."
Larry Henchey, Editorial Director, etown.com
- "Thank you for your excellent service... Your format is the best for newspaper
and related fields."
- "We have gotten some great resumes from our listings."
--Susan Council, WebNoize.com
- "Just wanted to let you know I like the special links you have to job openings
in major cities. Makes for a much faster search!"
- "I want to thank you for the wonderful site. We just hired another reporter
from our ad. We have used other resources to promote our openings, but have
had the best results with your service."
Jackie Frank, managing editor
- "Dear JournalismJobs.com: Thanks for your terrific site. I posted my resume
and requested job notifications, and in 2.5 weeks I got a legal reporting job
[with the New York Law Journal]... Keep up the good work."
- "Great web site. Good for you. The industry needs this."
Editor, States News Service
- "Thanks for your help with the position... It generated a tremendous response."
- "Thank you JournalismJobs.com. We just hired two great reporters from your site."
The Sandusky Register
- "Just wanted to let you know that I had an incredible response to my online
resume at your site. Evidently very popular with media everywhere judging by
the number of times it was viewed. I received an offer I can't refuse, [a
copy editor job] with a newspaper I used to work for. They were happy to see
my resume. Thanks for the site."
- "Nicely designed site!"
Charles Perkins, Executive Editor
The Union Leader and New Hampshire Sunday News
- "We found WONDERFUL results when we recently posted for a photographer...
Thank you for this service."
The Edmond Sun
- "You have a great web page; you provide a great service to our industry; keep
up the good work."
Jerry McCormack, Editor
Roswell Daily Record
Roswell, New Mexico
- "What you are doing is a great service. It's been very hard to get a
journalism job that is not based solely on who you know."
- "Dan -- you guys have a great service. We have filled a number of editorial
positions since using your site. Thanks for your help."
Executive Editor, etown.com
New York City
- "I think your service is great. I've found job listings here that aren't on
- "Thanks to JournalismJobs.com, I've just landed a great job reporting for an
online news service. I posted my resume, bookmarked the site and checked the
ads once a day. On my third email, I got an interview, and the chance to move
from print to online media. Thanks a mil!"
- "Just took a quick gander at your new job site and I must say... rock out!
Very nicely done. I'll be keeping an eye on the postings."
- "Thanks JournalismJobs.com! I found a job and it was after I responded to an
ad posted on your site. Why didn't we think of this 20 years ago when I was
getting out of college. It would have been so much easier."
Clarks Summit, PA
- "Dan, thanks a lot for the help. I conducted a search for writers in the
resume database, and it returned many good candidates."
All the best,
New York City
- "What a great service!"
-- Joe Halpern, Executive Sports Editor
(the Morning Sentinel in Waterville, Maine, and the Kennebec Journal in Augusta, Maine)
- "I did find a job through your Web site. I was contacted by several
newspapers within weeks of posting my resume. I have accepted a position as
copy editor at the Waco (Texas) Tribune-Herald. That job is exactly what I
- What a great service.
Robin Smith, managing editor, the Bennington Banner
- Just wanted to let you know I found an editing/writing job through
your web site. It was
with LRP Publications in Palm Beach Gardens. I saw an ad they had posted
on your site.
I e-mailed them my resume. They called me about five minutes later.
- [JournalismJobs.com is] one of the easiest sites I use to post jobs! Kudos to your engineers
for a great interface. The "employer folder" is a great convenience.
Amy Danise, Managing Editor
- What a valuable site!
Anjanette Rieger, News Editor
Grand Forks Herald
- I am writing to let you know that I think your site is great!
- Terrific site, wonderful work!
Elizabeth Van Ness
thank you so much. Yours is a great site! I hope to find some good
Karen Andreas, Managing Editor
Salem Evening News
- the site is great and has been very helpful.
- I'll leave Virginia in mid-March for a 2-month gig at
the Sitka Sentinel in Sitka, Alaska, while their
government reporter goes on sabbatical.
I found it posted on journalismjobs.com.
All my friends are insanely jealous and I'm sending
everybody to your site.
Good work. And thanks.
- "I just heard one of our editors say he really likes advertising on
JournalismJobs.com. He said it's cheap and people respond!"
--reporter with Dow Jones (name withheld)
- "many thanks for your excellent service."
Andy & Lien
- "Dan -- great job on the site."
Pam Dixon, author of "Job Searching Online For Dummies" (IDG Dummies series)
"One of the most notable facets of looking for journalism jobs online, is that you can find all sorts of sites listing a dozen or so jobs. With the exception of one site, www.journalismjobs.com, which is a large journalism jobs site, it is rare to find a site listing hundreds of journalism jobs."
- Greetings from Korat, Thailand.
An American early retiree living in NE Thailand, I am considering relocating back to the States. I have some journalism and writing background, and found your site informative and well-organized. Keep up the good work!
Frank G. Anderson