||June 10, 2019
||San Francisco, California
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CNET en Español, launched in 2013, is CNET’s Spanish-language version and is focused on giving tech advice to US Hispanics via tutorials and reviews. CNET en Español also covers the tech industry directly from Silicon Valley, along with the most important pop culture events.
We’re seeking a talented reporter with a passion for and deep knowledge of consumer electronics and technology news. In this role, you'll be covering breaking news and enterprising original content related to the tech industry for CNET en Español, and our social channels. You are an excellent Spanish-language writer, at a professional level, with perfect grammar and spelling. You are at ease explaining the most complicated technology to anyone from geeks to late adopters, in writing and sometimes in front of the camera. You have a keen news judgment about the tech industry, its trends, its main players and its faults.
- Cover several beats related to the tech industry directly from the heart of Silicon Valley, where CNET en Español is based
- Write Spanish-language content for all our platforms and social media accounts
- Cover breaking news, tech conferences and industry events
- Interview key industry players
- Pitch and develop long-term editorial projects
- Brainstorm ideas with other members of the team
- Work closely with editors to polish your stories
- Nurture a relationship with sources in the industry
- Write about different aspects of the tech industry on a daily basis, from breaking news to enterprise stories to tutorials
- Develop sources for multiple tech-related beats.
- Work on short- and long-term projects.
- Publish exclusive interviews and stories.
- Build a relationship with CNET en Español’s readership to understand their needs and preference
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism
- Minimum 2-3 years working in tech journalism
- Minimum 3-5 years working in Spanish-language media
- Impeccable written Spanish at a professional level
- Fully bilingual
- A deep knowledge of tech news
- Strong communications skills, work ethic and collaborative ethos
- Independent, creative and a self-starter
- Must provide a portfolio with best, current work
- Must pass a comprehensive Spanish-language test
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled