||June 10, 2019
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is an independent not-for-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For more than 25 years, IHI has used improvement science to advance and sustain better outcomes in health and health systems across the world. IHI brings awareness of safety and quality to millions, catalyzes learning and the systematic improvement of care, develops solutions to previously intractable challenges, and mobilizes health systems, communities, regions, and nations to reduce harm and deaths. IHI collaborates with a growing community to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. IHI generates optimism, harvests fresh ideas, and supports anyone, anywhere who wants to profoundly change health and health care for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
Reporting to IHI's Director of Multimedia, the Director, Website and Digital Media is responsible for IHI.org (and all related web properties) and charting new paths for IHI content and media. The work involves developing both short- and long-term strategies to attract and retain IHI customers, myriad content creation and editing projects, and collaboration with all departments and teams within the organization. This position demands a creative critical thinker'a visionary'who can thrive in a fast-paced environment'someone who can excel in a high-level strategy meeting one minute, improve SEO on a popular webpage the next, and provide developmental edits on a new piece of content the next.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with IHI content experts and other multimedia content producers to continuously update and improve IHI.org and all related website properties. The candidate will rely on years of experience, knowledge of audience engagement, and exceptional editorial judgment to produce high-quality content and create clear, logical pathways for IHI customers.
This position sits on the IHI Multimedia team but will work very closely with others in the organization - including Marketing, Program Development, Content Portfolios, regions, and other functional areas - to envision and execute dissemination plans via IHI.org, the invaluable "front door" to IHI's content and programming. The ideal candidate will have an excellent grasp of new media and technology, with strong experience in creating and designing digital and mobile content for a vast and diverse audience. The candidate will have the interest and ability to think globally and consider how IHI content appears to customers around the world.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for some skill-based training and teaching within the organization, and may manage and professionally develop members of the IHI Multimedia team. The candidate will occasionally present in a variety of settings, including at staff meetings and to executive team members, promoting the value of IHI content and IHI.org and highlighting their benefit to customers.
- Envision and help create a dynamic website experience for customers that includes fast, easy navigation, and best-in-class look, feel, and functionality.
- Help determine and carry out long- and short-term strategic vision, goals, and priorities for content development in alignment with IHI's overall strategy.
- Help attract new customers to IHI.org and related web properties through various means, including iterative design improvement, search improvement, and SEO.
- Help retain existing customers by allowing them to more easily navigate to both new and popular "evergreen" content, reinforcing IHI.org as the go-to source for quality and safety knowledge.
- Lead the design and implementation of a process for publishing new content on IHI.org, including identifying new content, and quality control of the harvesting, preparation, editing, and posting of material.
- Possess expert knowledge and skills within UI and UX, with constant curiosity and energy to work with customers to improve their experience on IHI.org.
- Lead improvement efforts based on data, analytics, and continuous feedback - both quantitative and qualitative - from customers.
- Lead future redesign and potential re-platforming efforts that take a customer-centric view of website structure, navigation, and experience.
- Promote IHI's voice and brand to an increasingly global audience via IHI.org.
- Create connections with Marketing colleagues to develop strategic content to promote IHI programs.
- Create connections for (and with) other departments, including portfolios, regions, and functional areas within IHI.
- Envision and execute new ways to display and share IHI content with an increasingly global audience.
- Have a "digital-first" mindset that will help the organization test new formats and dynamic visions for IHI's trusted content and brand.
- Possess a creative vision that benefits new projects and products, and injects new life into existing written, visual, and other multimedia content.
- Lead efforts to increase IHI's ability to reach (and delight) customers on mobile platforms.
- Lead a variety of projects that combine various types of media to tell compelling stories about IHI's work.
- Work closely with IHI's marketing department to envision and create engaging new ways to attract customers to IHI's best-in-class programing.
- Possess strong skills in web development and digital content creation tools and have the ability/desire to learn new ones.
- Help align IHI's myriad content dissemination channels - e.g., IHI.org, blogs, social media - so they make sense to the customer.
- Possess knowledge about current and emerging web and mobile technology.
Essential Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert in UX and UI
- Strong background in data, analytics, and measurement
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong background in content management systems
- Ability to conceptualize and execute a wide range of media deliverables
- Strong strategic thinker and collaborator that can excel as a leader and team member
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Highly energetic, motivated, and resourceful
- Ability to juggle a variety of projects, and reliably deliver an excellent, timely product
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Knowledge of some media editing software preferred
- Knowledge/experience in the health care field preferred
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in related field preferred
- Must have at least 7-10 years' experience with websites and digital content
- Be knowledgeable of IHI's mission and have a willingness to embrace and actively support the unique culture and values of IHI and our work
- Personal commitment to workplace diversity, inclusion and equity
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, political beliefs, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019