||March 11, 2019
||Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media, Newsletters
||Greenville, South Carolina
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
6AM is redefining how communities engage, communicate, connect with and experience their cities. We’re rapidly growing our team and digital products. We are currently in six southeastern cities, with plans to expand into multiple new markets in 2019.
We’re eager to find an energetic, curious and driven Executive Editor that can effectively build the framework for how we create consistent content and facilitate conversations across all 6AM platforms and all markets. 6AM is for highly motivated performers who thrive off a fast-paced work environment and want their work to make a direct impact on the future of the company and our industry. Join us in creating (literally, it’s your job) the most relevant, can’t miss/eager want local media brand in the country. These conversations and our approach to sharing them will drive and grow our network of over 170,000+ daily email subscribers and 310,000+ social followers by establishing, growing, and retaining audiences in our current and future markets. The strength of our approach will be the backbone for the 6AM brand.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Executive Editor will be responsible for directing and managing all editorial functions of the 6AM brand across all distribution channels including web, newsletter, and social media. This role will develop and execute innovative (non-traditional) and cost-effective tactics for facilitating conversations, content creation and engagement. This entails researching and adopting best practices for modern multimedia storytelling, creating a participator publishing model where everyone is part of the conversation, and most importantly, guiding and directing a content approach and delivery strategy that is scalable across all markets/channels. This individual must first be curious, and smart. They will be an engaged citizen who is passionate about growing cities and having pride in place. They will have the ability to understand the mindset of the audience and bring them into the conversation. They will have digital publishing experience, multi-site team management experience, knowledge in using various web-based marketing platforms, be self-motivated, and data-driven.
- As a member of the leadership team, design and lead overall editorial strategy.
- Manage, coach, and collaborate on the overall brand approach, voice, and tone across partner content, original conversations, and market teams.
- Manage, coach, and build the sharpest and most active local network of content creators.
- Act as the direct support for all editorial teams in regard to content strategies.
- Conduct weekly content planning calls with editorial teams.
- Build and leverage creator networks and sister markets to produce the most engaging and cost-efficient content strategy.
- Establish measurable goals and milestones to support content and conversation design strategies.
- Establish and evolve editorial calendar, brand guidelines and editorial standards.
- Lead the ideation, prioritization and testing process of fresh ideas within the 6AM team, focusing on breaking new ground and uncovering scalable opportunities that the company is not leveraging today.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive digital content planning process to support existing markets and the rollout of new markets.
- Collaborate with market editors and producers, to develop and share best practices and procedures as it relates to testing new content strategies to increase user engagement, conversion and retention.
- Direct editorial talent acquisition pipeline to create a diverse editorial staff across multiple markets.
- Oversee two-way editorial performance feedback process, and lead company culture amongst editorial team
- Push the envelope. Try things, lead the charge on addressing real issues, challenges and opportunities in a way that makes people always eager to see what we are up to, not eager to unsubscribe.
- Work cross functionally with sales, product design, user acquisition, and production teams to create conversations designed to attract large influxes of user growth while working within brand standards.
WE’D BE FIRED UP IF YOU HAVE SOME OF THESE TRAITS
We are looking for team members with strong and diverse journalism background in modern digital publishing and paid advertising platforms. This individual has a strong track record of success in digital media, content creation and media buying.
- Experience. 5+ years managing and editing at a multi-site or similar regional digital media company.
- Manager. You will be managing and growing a team of passionate and bright individuals. Our staff expects only the best from our leadership; they want to win and want to be lead. They will be looking at you to lead them and tell them what direction to take and how to win.
- Creative. Develop and execute innovative ideas on how to create the most addictive, scalable and cost effective local content.
- Responsive. The ability to move quickly and respond to the markets and industry is one of our most important values, you’ll need to appreciate this is the norm, and not the exception.
- Pride in place. An engaged citizen who is passionate about growing cities, and familiarity with the regions in which we’re building our brands.
- Self-Motivated, Entrepreneurial, and Solutions Oriented. Must have personal drive, confidence, competitive nature, self-starter mentality, passion, humility, sense of humor and grit. Ownership of your brand, your opinion and your voice. You should have the ambition to make your own goals, plan your days, and make decisions that support the goals and strategies of the company, on a daily basis. We’re looking to you to provide us with the guidance we need to make this the most relevant local media brand in the country.
- Tech-Forward. Be the data-driven and data-informed expert on what content works, what does not, what we should try and not try. You believe there is no such thing as an original idea and you are a steward of modern media. You are an expert at finding media trends and ways to connect with readers in ways that get their attention, makes them care and drives conversations.
- Communication Expert. Know how to lead, coach and communicate with a variety of personalities across multiple markets. Set clear expectations and a level of accountability that creates a desire to over deliver, and sets up all team members to thrive. Have a strong understanding of communicating balanced feedback.
- Be Curious and In-the-Know. Know who your audience is, what they want to hear, where they’ll be seeking information, why they’ll want to engage and when to tell them the story. You’re in charge of delivering the right story, in the right way, at the right time to the person who’s most willing to engage and convert.
- Organized and Detail Oriented. The buck stops with you. You are the last line of defense for what our brand puts out to market.
WE’RE PUTTING OURSELVES ON THE LINE
Full-time, competitive salaried position and benefits.
Greenville is known as a prime place to live, work and play… Our office is, too.
Flexible schedule. You can run out for that appointment, but we expect you’ll attend events after-hours, too.
Leading in tech. We’re creating the future of local media and provide the newest technology to our staff.
Set you up for success. We’d love to pick up the tab for anything that supports career development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you dig this and want to apply, send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019