||January 11, 2019
||San Francisco, California
LaunchSquad is a multidisciplinary community of people committed to producing the best possible results for companies we love. We build creative public relations, social media and content marketing programs for the most innovative start-up and mid-stage technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies around. We’re looking for a communications superstar to join our San Francisco team. The Account Associate position is an entry-level opportunity for integrated communications and public relations practitioners.
At LaunchSquad, we’d like to think everyone is looking for an opportunity where they can feel empowered, contribute real results and grow their skills and smarts every day. In this role no day is ever the same. From the start, Account Associates work on three to four client accounts and learn directly from LaunchSquad’s senior staff of communications and public relations experts. Associates work closely with their clients on a daily basis and contribute to integrated communications programs in meaningful ways, including client relations, media relations, industry research, writing, social media strategy and content marketing. Whether our team is launching an unknown technology start-up or helping an established enterprise company reimagine their story, our work is handcrafted, always expanding. As an entry-level Account Associate, you have the opportunity to play a direct part in that as you launch your career in communications.
Over the course of year one at LaunchSquad, an Account Associate can expect the following from the experience:
- Position with constantly expanding learning opportunities;
- Growth within each team, including transitions and shifts in responsibilities;
- Regular performance acknowledgement, feedback and merit increases for outstanding work;
- Ability to develop skills and knowledge that will accelerate career advancement and future professional opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Mass communications, journalism or liberal arts education and/or relevant internship experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with experience writing for diverse audiences
- Exposure to media relations with a keen interest in following the news and building relationships with reporters and influencers
- Experience writing press releases, bylines, blog posts and other content marketing materials
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Initiative to ask questions, pick up the phone, take action and think ahead
- Ability to thrive under pressure with minimal direct supervision and adapt to changing priorities quickly
- Creative, solutions-oriented thinker with the capacity to approach problems from multiple perspectives
- Interest in the technology industry and start-ups with social media know-how
- A sense of humor helps too
LaunchSquad is a growing communications firm known for change-the-world storytelling with our award-winning public relations, online video + design, and original content marketing and social media programs. LaunchSquad has offices located in San Francisco, New York, Boston and Chicago and offers a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding work environment. Our client base includes consumer and enterprise technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies. LaunchSquad was founded in 2000 in downtown San Francisco.