||January 16, 2019
||Prague, Czech Republic, All Locations
||Competitive salary and benefits package
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is looking for experienced and skilful Broadcast Journalists. In this position, you will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver a wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (primarily TV and Radio).
- Creates original content on a wide variety of topics from bulletins and dispatches to features and analyses for TV and radio. Produces and edits video and audio packages and reports, conducts live and pre-recorded interviews for radio and TV, presents news bulletins, hosts and outputs radio and TV shows as required.
- Works as a field correspondent and reporter on assignment, moderates, shoot photos and video as required, coordinates other staff, sound and camera crews as necessary, takes responsibility to provide and publish content for the website and social media upon instruction.
- Produces live, recorded and online content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment, and/or directs specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
- Adapts and curates TV, radio, online content for various social media platforms. Moderates comments and UGCs and communicates with social media users, builds up newsgathering networks on various platforms.
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to Iran and the region. Briefs himself/herself on the latest news and issues prior to starting a work day.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material, under the supervision of assigned editors.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- Expected to explore innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience.
- Takes part, as required, in programs by local media and develops contacts for both journalistic work and RFE/RL reputation.
- Ability to produce content including news stories, features, analysis and videos for Radio Farda’s English web page is preferred.
- Minimum experience of 5 years of broadcast journalism.
- Education in Journalism or related field BC - Bachelor degree (Mandatory)
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in Iran as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Sound editorial judgment
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and technologies as required.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
- Reliably translates current affairs texts from English into Farsi.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team
- Farsi language Native level
- English language Working Knowledge
Our team is based in Prague, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. We offer a competitive salary, a chance to work in a multinational environment, and a benefits package that includes relocation, paid housing, medical coverage, an attractive retirement savings package, home leave benefits for expatriates, visa support, and tuition for dependent children.
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international broadcast organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. RFE/RL's programs -- via radio, the Internet, and television -- reach influential people in 21 countries, including Afghanistan, Iran, Russia, the Caucasus, and Central Asian nations. RFE/RL's mission is to provide accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local language. With broadcasts in 25 languages, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world. It is funded by the U.S. Congress through the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG).
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019