Disrupt the media industry status quo by joining our hyperlocal monthly print publication.
Yes, we pride ourselves on being a print-first media outlet, and our success proves we are influencing the future of news.
Why are we so successful? We believe most people don’t want right- or left-leaning news—just the news, and preferably from their own backyard. Since 2005, we have provided local, useful news without any ulterior motive or agenda.
More details about the opportunity:
• Earn a living: Starting at $32,000
• Experience required: At least 1 year of prior experience with print or digital publication(s)
• Represent us: Develop rapport with community leaders, business owners, elected officials, and the Average Joe and Jane residents we serve
• Create content daily: Inform readers online between the print editions
• Generate original story ideas: You’re afforded time to develop the story beyond the story
• Create complex infographics: Our visuals tell a story, so we spend a ton of time on them
• Take your own photographs: You’re a one stop shop—you report, write and shoot
• Get better at writing: And reporting, because we have the time to perfect our work
• Have a say in production: We work in small teams, so reporters help put together the paper
What we’re looking for:
• First-rate reporting and writing skills
• Comfort with writing news, features and alternative story formats
• Ability to analyze and interpret news events
• Expert AP Style knowledge
• Social media savvy
• Effective headline writing
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Experience using digital tools such as Google tools, Adobe products and Microsoft Office
• Innovative mentality
• Neutral and impartial writing and reporting
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019