KCRA is searching for an aggressive, creative and experienced news leader. The ideal candidate will have excellent news judgment, strong management skills and an aggressive approach to breaking news coverage across all platforms. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads our team in the execution of market-leading breaking news, weather coverage and community service on digital, social and television platforms. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Work with the News Director to oversee the day-to-day operation and editorial content of the newsroom
• Lead story development and script approval for reporters with a focus on distinguishing content between newscasts and across platforms
• Plan big event coverage and coordinate with assignment editors on enterprise content and planning
• Execute the brand on digital, social and television platforms
• Develop growth, elevate daily content and inspire innovation in a coaching culture
• At least 3 years of news management experience
• Must have a passion for journalism and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts
• Creativity and strong organizational skills are a must
• Strong understanding of digital strategy
• Willingness and ability to work long hours and weekends when needed
• Military training and experience will be considered
• Bachelor’s Degree or related military training in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019