|Date Posted||January 11, 2017|
KDVR Fox 31 and KWGN Channel 2 in Denver are looking for an experienced Assignments Manager to run the day to day operations of the Desk.
We are looking for an experienced leader who is aggressive, competitive, logistically minded and strong on social media.
- College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Journalist
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a news manager in a medium to large market
- Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and work under pressure`
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the assignment desk and planning.
- Must be a good communicator with strong editorial judgement and the skills to develop sources, dig for information and enterprise compelling stories.
- Candidate must be super aggressive with breaking news both on air and on digital.
- Will work with the Managing Editor to develop systems for planning and day to day news coverage.
- Must be a strong people manager who can motivate and inspire.
- Experience planning big events a plus.
- Other duties as assigned
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017