Covered by NABET Union
The Associate Producer (AP) is a key member of the editorial and production team behind KQED Newsroom, KQED’s flagship weekly TV news program. The AP is responsible for researching and reporting TV segments, stories and specials, writing scripts, booking studio guests, coordinating field and studio production, and organizing post-production, under the supervision of the producers.
From Silicon Valley to the Central Valley, KQED Newsroom provides in-depth coverage of Bay Area and California news and current affairs. Recent stories took viewers inside marijuana grows, San Quentin State Prison, and tech startups building drones. Recent guests include Senator Bernie Sanders, NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback Steve Young, and graphic novelist Gene Luen Yang.
From pitch to broadcast, the AP is involved in every aspect of production. The AP is also responsible for coordinating cross-platform integration, including social media and online presence.
- Research and report television stories and segments
- Assist on studio and remote shoots
- Assist with script writing
- Book interviews, conduct pre-interviews
- Coordinate studio production, including scheduling crew and studio audiences
- Organize and schedule field production, including travel
- Plan and supervise post-production, including editors and facilities
- Log, screen and transcribe audio and video
- Research and acquire outside footage, including securing and and maintaining required releases, rights and clearances.
- Organize and maintain production files, including releases, cue sheets, final production reports, tape logs
- Maintain and update online assets, including the KQED Newsroom website, YouTube channel and the PBS website
- Coordinate with social media team to build audience engagement and promote content
- Perform other departmental duties as assigned
- Three years of television production experience
- Field and studio production experience desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Ability to work well with others and also independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of news and current affairs
- Experience with word-processing, spreadsheet, database software
- Knowledge of and proficiency with social media
- Tech savvy is a plus, including familiarity with website publishing, online apps and tools, and/or ability to quickly learn new software and platforms
- Multi-media experience is a plus, including familiarity with image and video editing software like Photoshop, Premiere
To apply for this position, please visit : http://ww2.kqed.org/about/jobs/