|Date Posted||January 12, 2017|
Location:Plattsburgh, NY US
NBC5, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market is accepting resumes for a Newscast Producer. This position is responsible for the creation and presentation of our newscasts. Applicants must have a strong news writing background, be able to write compelling and accurate newscasts and be able to break format when news warrants. Our producers also help deliver news content to various social media sites and our station website throughout the day.
- Produce newscast with assistance from news management & anchors.
- Write and edit on-air as well as on-line news copy and video
- Select stories for newscasts while working with anchors, field crews as well as feed services and other resources.
- Communicate clearly with other members of the news, production and engineering staffs in the execution of the newscasts.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
- College degree in broadcast journalism, communications, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be familiar with all newsgathering methods, libel laws and basic code of journalistic ethics.
- Must understand the creation and use of news graphics and non-linear video editing as well as content management systems for online news production.
- Extreme attention to detail and solid news judgment is necessary.
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017