AlleyWatch Copy Editing Internship Program
AlleyWatch, the largest organization focused on the technology and entrepreneurial ecosystem in NYC, is looking for a detail-oriented candidate with a passion for journalism or writing to take part in a copy-editing internship program. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to gain exposure to the day-to-day responsibilities of running an online publication. AlleyWatch is currently being read in 200+ countries with a highly influential, affluent and educated audience consisting of venture capitalists, angel investors, entrepreneurs, accelerators, startup employees, thought leaders, event organizers, corporate executives, academics, city officials, PR/press and tech enthusiasts.
The copy-editing program is designed for journalism or writing students and recent graduates with either a college or an advanced education degree. Candidates with other majors will be considered if they have demonstrated previous writing, journalism or copy editing experience. All applicants will be expected to successfully complete a copy-editing test.
· Review, monitor and revise content to ensure it is ready for publication and conforms to AlleyWatch standards and guidelines.
· Complete work within deadlines, and communicate clearly and professionally with our editorial staff.
· Assist in ensuring that all necessary assets are in place for publication.
· Log and track content through various stages of the publishing pipeline.
· Interns will have the opportunity to produce some original content.
· Interns may pitch articles and will receive a byline if the article is published.
· Have an interest in the startup and technology landscape
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially word and excel)
· General web proficiency
· Professionalism, excellent ability to follow instructions, and communicate online
· Must be able to commit a minimum of 15 hours per week to the internship for a period of at least 17 weeks. Internship to begin after the new year.
While the company is based in New York City, AW copy editing interns can work remotely under the supervision of an editor. Scheduling is flexible as long as program requirements are met. NYC, and LA-based candidates may have the opportunity to attend industry events as well as work in the office. Course credit is available to all successful applicants and paid opportunities may be available for the most successful candidates at the end of the program. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to improve their resume working for a publication building a tremendous amount of traction in a highly desirable vertical.
Email the resume you posted on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Send your resume to this employer.