|Date Posted||September 14, 2021|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Gulf Coast Media is looking for a graphic designer committed to helping our staff reinvent local media for Baldwin County and Alabama's beaches. The ideal candidate is a fast-moving, independent, reliable yet bold designer who enjoys creating graphics as ways to tell stories through print newspapers, magazines, social media, email and various digital projects. The designer will join our growing multimedia team that will help revolutionize local content through both print and digital products. The applicant will be eager to pitch creative ideas and collaborate with other staff to produce engaging multimedia content. The designer will also work with advertising customers and collaborate with Gulf Coast Media staff in creating optimal visual experiences for users. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is required.
Gulf Coast Media is located in Foley and covers Baldwin County, Alabama's fastest-growing county. In addition to more than 200,000 residents, Baldwin County also hosts nearly 6 million tourists each year. Gulf Coast Media is family-owned and boasts a creative flexibility rare to local media organizations.
Gulf Coast Media produces newspapers for the county - The Baldwin Times, The Onlooker, The Courier and The Islander. We also publish a variety of magazines, including Beachin', the area's Visitor Guide, Best of Baldwin and guides to local festivals.
Gulf Coast Media offers a competitive compensation plan; life, health, dental, disability plans and 401(k) plan, and an opportunity for advancement.
Requirements & Qualifications
- College Degree required, preferably in the field of graphic design.
- Proven experience designing magazines and other publications required.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to clients required
- Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure, professional environment.
- A desire to take risks and willingness to adapt.
- A positive, collaborative attitude and a strong sense of humor.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop, required.
- Experience with innovative forms of multimedia storytelling or video editing are a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and example portfolio clips to email@example.com.