|Date Posted||April 06, 2021|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Specialty publications editor
The Bakersfield Californian seeks an experienced journalist to serve as editor for our specialty publications, including Bakersfield Life magazine and Kern Business Journal. This person will plan the issues, write and edit content, and coordinate content from freelancers. This person will take photographs, shoot videos, and design pages. This editor will handle any news work needed for the daily The Bakersfield Californian and any of its publications, including the weekly Tehachapi News, including reporting and writing, editing, photography, or design work. This editor must be versatile and able to handle all of the described roles.
• Experience as a reporter, editor, and page designer, especially use of Adobe InDesign and InCopy.
• Advanced knowledge of AP style, grammar, and copy editing on deadline.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or comparable work experience.
• Ability to report, write and edit on a variety of topics, and work efficiently with freelancers and community contributors.
• Ability and willingness to collaborate with all newsroom staff to meet the needs of all products.
Interested individuals should submit a resume, references, and at least five outstanding work samples to:
The Bakersfield Californian
ATTN: Human Resources-Specialty Publications Editor
3700 Pegasus Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93308
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug screen and a background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Send your resume to this employer.