|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Role and responsibilities
Newsweek is looking to hire an experienced digital editor to oversee night coverage. The senior editor will manage a group of writers at night. She/he will assign, edit and publish stories that meet Newsweek’s editorial standards across a range of topics from politics, local news, social media trends, weather and natural disasters, breaking business news, technology trends, culture, and legal news. The editor will also be responsible for ensuring that Newsweek competes on major national and international stories that break during the night as well as help to manage the home page and social accounts during the night.
Skills and experience
* At least eight years experience in journalism. Digital editing experience a must
* Excellent news judgement across a range of subjects
* A quick, clean writer and editor. The ability to work fast under pressure is essential.
* Some experience of leading teams is an advantage.
* Understanding of digital publishing a must
Send your resume to this employer.