Internship opportunity with the premier college newspaper network in the US
College Media Network (CMN) is the premier and largest network of online college newspapers in the US and the leading provider of digital content management and advertising platforms to college and university news publications
CMN enables college publishers the ability to create, manage and distribute their campus newspaper, the official voice of the campus, through a variety of channels. Our primary goal is to ensure that student media has the tools necessary to reach their full potential and deepen their engagement with their audience.
Founded in 2000, the company was acquired by MTV, and after series of ownership transitions and loss of focus CMN has re-organized and established a new entrepreneurial management team in Boston to turn-around the company.
CMN is a dynamic, start-up-like atmosphere and is looking to hire interns interested in learning more about the collegiate newspaper business and rebuilding the relationship of the company that founded the online newspaper industry.
- Customer relationship management, including technical and administrative assistance to advisors and students from client school news publications
- Documentation and dissemination of training materials and best practices
- Providing customer support during management transition
- Create monthly newsletter to communicate with clients
- Independent self-starter
- Demonstrated experience and interest in news and digital media
- Extreme organization and attention to detail
- Past experience with client or customer facing job whether customer service or retail
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS a bonus
We are looking for a 12+ hour per week commitment and will provide compensation.
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to GM@collegemedianetwork.com and in the subject line please note “Intern Applicant”.