|February 12, 2024
Our roster has an opening with your name on it!
Bally Sports mission is to build a transformative, participatory sports platform, anchored by the most exclusive and relevant live professional games, that provides fans a year-round opportunity to engage with content and communities they are most passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Manager, Digital Operations - Bally Sports + to lead the daily operations of the Bally Sports Digital Operations Center (DOC) in the execution of live sports stream monitoring across a suite of digital products and Regional Sports Networks, providing quality control and issue identification, correction, and escalation to our internal and third-party support teams.
The Game Plan:
(What you'll do)
- Manage supervisors and coordinator staff in the execution of processes for live event monitoring and quality control for Bally Sports digital products across a variety of platforms including web, mobile web, iOS, Android, and connected television devices.
- Maintain staff and facility schedules, coordinating operational coverage for all live streaming events across Bally Sports regions.
- Oversee Operation and Social Media Supervisors in the organization and communication of incident escalation, reporting, and notification processes according to our defined incident priority matrix.
- Work with the Director of Digital Operations to continually self-audit facility operations and identify areas of improvement for both short term and future processes.
- Create, update, and distribute workflow and SOP documentation, managing communications across the team and coordinating necessary training for the operations staff.
- Collaborate with the Director of Digital Operations for future expansion of facility, equipment, and staffing needs for the operations center.
- Work with the Product Team to address business issues related to Bally Sports digital products and communicate and collaborate with the appropriate teams regarding issues with any of the digital products.
- Manage quality assurance testing to verify consistent collection of digital data ahead of product releases and updates, testing, documenting, and escalating any product issues as it relates to the consumer experience of all digital products.
- Oversee daily content management system processes for event programming, image replacement, and highlight creation for Bally Sports platforms.
- Maintain operation center equipment and workstations, applying troubleshooting as need for audio/video monitoring devices, handheld devices, and multi-view displays.
- Provide supplemental coverage for the supervisor level positions as needed, with flexibility to work shifts around high volume event schedules.
(What to bring)
- 5+ years of experience in managing people.
- 5+ years of experience in digital streaming or live event production environments.
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot issues while keeping focus on Live operations.
- Organized leader with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced, evolving environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
The Company is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.
Diamond Sports Group, L.L.C, an independently managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diamond Sports Group LLC, an independently managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., owns the Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSNs), the nation's leading provider of local sports. Its 18 owned-and-operated RSNs include: Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Great Lakes, Bally Sports Indiana, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports New Orleans, Bally Sports North, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Bally Sports San Diego, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Southeast, Bally Sports Southwest, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports West, and Bally Sports Wisconsin. The Bally Sports RSNs serve as the TV home to more than half of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. Diamond Sports Group also has a joint venture in Marquee, the home of the Chicago Cubs, and a minority interest in the YES Network, the local destination for the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets. Diamond RSNs produce approximately 5,000 live local professional telecasts each year in addition to a wide variety of locally produced sports events and programs each year.