Senior Manager, Sinclair News FAST Channel Operations
Los Angeles, California
|February 09, 2024
News FAST Channel Operations
- Oversee the daily technical operation of Sinclair's 25, and growing, local news FAST channels.
- Serve as the main point of contact with our technology partner Frequency.
- Lead onboarding for all platform distributions.
- Troubleshoot issues, manage, and file support tickets, and ensure regular quality control.
- Manage the channel's content scheduling team.
- Work with internal and external teams to make sure the channels are optimized and performing as expected.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicate and work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills as the group expands.
- Work flexible hours to meet the demands of many channels located in different time zones.
- 5 years of experience working in broadcast TV operations, FAST channels , content platforms, or streaming solutions.
- Strong technical knowledge of streaming, video, and metadata standards.
- Proficient use of standard technologies including content management systems and project management software.
- Familiarity with cloud play-out services like Frequency, Amagi or Wurl.
Sinclair, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About the Growth Networks Group: Responsible for the management of the company's growing footprint of national TV networks in the OTA and FAST markets.
The current businesses include:
- Comet: A free broadcast TV network for passionate fans of SCIENCE FICTION.
- Charge! A free broadcast TV network for fans of police procedurals.
- TBD A free broadcast TV network for fans of real people having fun everyday.
About Sinclair: Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Inc., a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team! The life blood of our organization is our people.
We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
The base salary compensation range for this role is $85,000 to $100,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.