|February 08, 2024
The D. E. Shaw group seeks a talented individual to join its Internal Communications team. This role offers a unique opportunity to help develop and execute internal communications strategy for one of the world’s leading investment and technology firms. The role will involve a wide range of strategic projects, including writing and editing firmwide communications; working with executives on speeches, videos, and other media; and improving knowledge sharing and connectivity across the firm. The person in this role will gain insight into the firm’s businesses and operations, as well as significant opportunities for professional growth, in an inclusive and collegial working environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
You’ll be involved in developing internal communications strategies and programs designed to support the firm’s goals. You’ll work closely with colleagues across the firm, including the firm’s leadership, to draft key business updates and strategic campaigns. You’ll help edit and improve communications, including firmwide announcements, blog posts, live events, and videos, clearly relaying complex information to various audiences with precision and rigor. You’ll work with a team responsible for drafting, editing, and delivering a wide variety of content, from market analysis to news on happenings around the firm.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree, a demonstrated record of achievement, and three to five years of professional writing and/or editorial experience.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills are required, as is an ability to work effectively with colleagues both within and outside the team.
• Keen attention to detail, sound judgment, and a high level of discretion are essential for this role.
• Finance experience is a plus but not required; candidates must be able to communicate complex information to a range of audiences.
• The expected annual base salary for this position is $100,000 to $150,000. Our compensation and benefits package includes variable compensation in the form of a year-end bonus, guaranteed in the first year of hire, a relocation bonus, and benefits including medical and prescription drug coverage, 401k contribution matching, wellness reimbursement, family building benefits, and a charitable gift match program.
Please note that this post is not an application. Please navigate to our website to apply: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Ads/JrnlJbs/IntCOmmAscFeb24
The members of the D. E. Shaw group do not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, caregiver status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and are eager to hear from individuals having a wide range of backgrounds and personal characteristics.