|February 07, 2024
Do you have great reporting skills?
Do you enjoy collaborating with teams to deliver on common goals?
About our Team
MLex, a LexisNexis company, is an independent news organization for breaking news and forward-looking analysis on legal and regulatory risk across the globe. Investigative journalists provide exclusive reporting on probes, policy and enforcement trends, litigation and legislative developments across key areas of regulatory risk: Antitrust, M&A, Data Privacy & Security, Financial Crime, Trade, State Aid and Sector Regulation. Trusted by top law firms, corporate counsel and the public sector, our coverage empowers our customers to respond first to changes in the regulatory landscape, navigating risks and leveraging opportunities for their business or clients. Visit www.mlexmarketinsight.com to find out more.
About the Role
Duties primarily include a high level of research and editorial support for journalists, including reporting and writing. This position is ideally suited for a conscientious self-starter who has excellent organizational skills and enjoys a fast-paced news setting.
Locating and organizing relevant information from public documents and other source.
Writing one-paragraph summaries identifying key information in those documents
Creating and modify case files with relevant information
Coordinating with reporters and editors to ensure that case portfolios are complete
Assisting reporters in news coverage
Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or legal background
Experience reporting and writing news
Have solid writing skills and a demonstrated ability to be proactive in shaping MLex’s coverage
Have the ability to provide analysis of events and documents, illuminating context and big-picture trends
Possess a background in law, and/or experience in news or legal organizations is preferred
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. We offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working for you
We know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Health Benefits: Comprehensive, multi-carrier program for medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement Benefits: 401(k) with match and an Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Wellbeing: Wellness platform with incentives, Headspace app subscription, Employee Assistance and Time-off Programs
- Short-and-Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity
- Family Benefits, including bonding and family care leaves, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Health Savings, Health Care, Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Up to two days of paid leave each to participate in Employee Resource Groups and to volunteer with your charity of choice
About the Business
LexisNexis Legal & Professional® provides legal, regulatory, and business information and analytics that help customers increase their productivity, improve decision-making, achieve better outcomes, and advance the rule of law around the world. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services.