|February 06, 2024
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Pay rate and hours: $40 per hour, 40 hours per week
The News Revenue Hub is seeking a contract Manager to join its Labs team to help execute the brand's marketing and revenue objectives in a cohort program of hands-on advertising, sponsorships, and events revenue with newsrooms. This individual will serve as a direct point of contact for participating news organizations in the advertising & sponsorships program, as well as marketers, advertisers, and agencies.
This role requires a dynamic, solutions-oriented individual who is able to manage multiple work streams, all while balancing insights, data, and creativity to help the stakeholders meet their objectives and grow their lines of business.
Managing the Ads & Sponsorships Lab
- Be the main day-to-day point of contact for the revenue, marketing, and editorial teams for advertising and sponsorship opportunities for the lab cohort, from pre-to-post sale.
- Work closely with the chief of staff and news organization lead to develop go-to-market strategies, packaging and pricing for editorial programs, partnerships, sponsorships, and other tentpole moments focused on insights, commercial viability, and editorial mission.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to measure, track, and analyze the performance of editorial content, sponsorship programs, and marketing campaigns to inform future decision making.
- Act as the internal tactical point of contact for all sponsorship programs, coordinating communication between Hub teams, news organizations, platform partners, and marketers managing and centralizing key information and deliverables, and ensuring and guiding stakeholders to deliver on all pitch and program elements
- Act as a lead project manager and execute special projects as needed, working closely with cross-functional teams within the News Revenue Hub, and acting as the main point of contact for the news organizations and collaborators.
- Help build partnership with marketing agencies to grow and strengthen the cohort initiatives, including joining sales calls, client meetings, and internal kick-off meetings to support pitching and sold-through editorial programs. A deep network of media buyers will help you achieve speedy success.
- Partner with Hub leadership and news organization teams in concepting, packaging, and creating materials for editorial sponsorship packages, events, and tentpoles.
- Act as the main partner to the cohort news organizations, collaborating with them to build promotional strategies for revenue driving initiatives, and providing them with any and all promotional assets they may need including coordinating copy, design, etc.
- Create or oversee the creation of editorial calendars, general presentations, sponsorship decks, and impact reports for marketers.
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience in media, digital publishing, advertising, integrated marketing, publication sales, or another related field
- A strong interest in digital and community media, particularly in the local and regional news, or thought leadership space
- Ability to work cross-functionally and experience working collaboratively with multiple teams to drive toward a shared goal
- A knack for storytelling and a creative eye, especially when developing concepts and materials
- Maintains attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, presentation design, and interpersonal communication skills
- A track record of successfully managing many projects at once
- A proven ability to be responsive, adaptive, flexible, and proactive
- Comfortable working across the Google Workspace, Google Analytics, and Salesforce