Remote, United States
|January 18, 2024
|Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media, Trade Publications
The Driller is the No. 1 media platform for drilling and water supply professionals, and widely read across the drilling industry. We cover the people, equipment and techniques in water well, geotechnical, environmental, geothermal, foundations, mining, energy and other drilling markets, as well as manufacturers and distributors.
Are you curious? Are you collaborative? Do you enjoy researching and developing stories that help propel an industry forward? Are you creative in your storytelling and understand the balance of written articles and multimedia storytelling? Are you energized by the opportunities for connection and storytelling across social media platforms? Then you just might be the next Editor of The Driller.
- Guide and produce multimedia content and written articles for The Driller
- Edit and proofread articles submitted by contributing writers, freelance journalists, and industry experts
- Develop/shoot video/slideshows to be used on thedriller.com and socially
- Cultivate a community of contributing writers and industry experts for constant articles and potential interviews. Manage the collective process from contributing writers and other support staff to meet editorial deadlines.
- Develop/record podcasts
- Moderate webinars
- Regularly monitor website, evaluate content, static sections, comments and statistics
- Drive evaluation and discussion of monthly analytics
- Collaborate with contributing writers, sales, audience development, marketing, and publisher to identify opportunities for platform growth through new editorial initiatives
- Attend industry shows and events for timely editorial coverage and to stay active within the industry
Social Media Responsibilities
- Post non-advertising content on brand’s social media channels
- Create and manage social media content calendar across all major platforms
- Engage daily with the industry through posts and comments on our content as well as others
- Monitor/manage social media outlet usage (i.e., remove/report abuse)
- Maintain analytics of social media platforms while participating in analytics discussions
- Adhere to corporate social media policy and follow guidelines set forth in the social media best practices documents
- Other duties as assigned: Attend required BNP Media editorial training and webinars, as time allows and after deadlines are met. Adhere to all BNP Media policies as outlined in the staff manual. Other tasks as assigned.
$60,000 - $70,000 annually
Apply for this Job
Send your resume to this employer.