|February 14, 2024
KRCR is looking for a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) to join our award-winning team in beautiful Chico/Redding, California! Don't let our market size fool you. Former KRCR employees have gone to Top 20 markets, CNN, ESPN, and The White House! Join us and hone the skills you need to take your career where you want to go! We are looking for a candidate who thinks outside the box and elevates their storytelling with enhanced content on our digital and social platforms.
- Researches, reports, shoots, writes and edits daily content for various platforms in a manner that is clear and engaging to news consumers
- Enterprising ideas and developing contacts to generate interesting and relatable stories
Requirements and Skills:
- Sharp news judgment
- Solid writing & technical skills
- Good communication skills
- Social Media Expertise
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and work well independently
- Experience with live shots is required, experience with Live-U is a plus
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- A minimum of 1 year reporting experience is preferred, but new graduates will be considered
To be considered for this position, you must apply online and include a web link to your demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $17.00 to $18.85 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.