|Date Posted||November 21, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Sinclair, Inc. is seeking a Manager of Network Engineering, where you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and implementing comprehensive technology solutions that address the business needs and challenges of the organization. Your expertise will contribute to the success of various projects and initiatives, ensuring they are aligned with Sinclair's strategic goals and technical standards.
- Manage a geographically dispersed Network Engineering team including principal, senior and junior levels, aligning the team efforts to stated business goals
- Lead technical deployments that involve multiple IT teams and stakeholders across various technology domains
- Train, mentor, and empower the team to develop the necessary subject matter and technical expertise
- Manage and maintain supplier, vendor, and service provider contracts and relationships
- Collaborate with the Director of Network Architect to ensure infrastructure design operational objectives meet performance, security, and business requirements
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and coaching for all technical services staff and foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and pro-active solutions
- Drive the creation and maintenance of best practice standards and comprehensive documentation for Network Engineering
- Drive infrastructure automation, continuous improvements through reporting and metrics
- Collaborate with aligned architects, platform engineering, application managers, project managers, and infrastructure teams to drive emerging technology standards to industry best practices
- Engage with the Director of Network Architect to articulate the value proposition of enterprise cloud strategy and cloud-native application architecture
- Stay abreast of current technologies and make recommendations based on knowledge and research
- Implement and support monitoring tools to proactively identify and address network performance issues
- Provide technical leadership across multiple live sports businesses - Tennis Channel, Bally Sports, etc., building relationships with business, production, and engineering stakeholder groups.
- Develop performance metrics, promoting data-driven decision making to ensure the highest level of service delivery and ongoing performance.
- Manage and update department work processes, institute and promote best practices including documentation, standards development, capacity planning and status reporting.
- Partner with architecture, engineering and production teams to develop the future state technology map supporting live production.
- Research and lead efforts to design, configure, and deploy new tools and technologies to improve automation and operational efficiency.
- Develop policies and standard procedures contributing to efficient operations; provide training to IT staff and general staff on network best practices
Managerial requirements include:
- Responsibility for direct management of and planning for live events and ongoing broadcast application, workflow, and content support within multiple environments from an infrastructure perspective.
- Establishment of KPIs and SMART goals to modernize the practice of live events, ongoing support for broadcast infrastructure, and application platforms.
- Coaching and mentoring team members for professional growth.
- Management of implementation and delivery activities aligned to SLAs for internal customers.
- Building relationships with customers and stakeholders to better understand their needs and goals.
- Quickly dive in and understand the environment in which you operate, set the pace for how STP meets our customer's needs while balancing resource management across a shared service model.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field or 10+ years' experience in the field
- 5+ years in a technical infrastructure leadership position at Manager - experience leading high performing technical teams including performance management, mentoring, and team development.
- 10+ years of relevant IT systems / enterprise networking / cloud analysis / support experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience directly administering and supporting cloud-like enterprise network environments.
- 5+ years of experience automating IT processes with a focus on configuration management.
- Experience supporting and managing private and public cloud solutions.
- Experience troubleshooting networks both traditional and virtual, including performance management and troubleshooting, configuration, and application/end-user experience.
- Experience with stand-alone, converged, and hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- Customer-focused, positive, can-do attitude and desire to interface directly with end-users, and management at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols TCP/IP, VoIP, DNS and DHCP and how to troubleshoot network events and problems
Preferred candidates would also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Avid, Aspera, Interplay, and Vantage experience within a broadcast environment.
- AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications.
- Meraki wireless experience
- Fortinet experience
- Cisco Professional Certification preferred
- Network-focused certifications.
- Practical knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Go, .NET, PowerShell.