|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The Killeen Daily Herald is looking for a multimedia journalist who can take and edit video, has a keen eye for photography and can crank out a quick story on any deadline.
This position will have a heavy focus on tracking down and reporting on stories that surface on social media. The MMJ will heavily use the Herald’s social media pages, including Facebook and YouTube, to report in live videos what is going on in the community.
Can you do it all, and then some? Here are some of the skills this position must have:
- Social media savvy: Ability to post videos, photos and other content to social media.
- Basic journalism skills: A nose for news; interviewing, writing, editing and photography experience
- Video skills: Taking, editing video; and making sure that audio will come in crystal clear
- Knowledge of AP style
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team with other newsroom staff
- Using good “tact” in the field and on social media, where things can quickly go awry
Fulltime and part-time candidates will be considered.
Please email your resume to Deputy Managing Editor Jacob Brooks: email@example.com, and put “MMJ” in the subject line of the email.