|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Wyoming was one of seven states to receive State Government Coverage CPB funding to fill gaps identified in the State Government Coverage in Public Media survey commissioned by CPB and published in 2022 The survey found that while public media stations in all 50 states provide original state government reporting at least weekly when their legislatures are in session, five states lacked a full-time state government beat reporter based at a public media station. Through this two-year grant, Wyoming Public Media will partner with Jackson Hole Community Radio to add a multi-platform journalist covering state government and a full-time digital content coordinator, to ensure the coverage reaches the broadest audience possible.
This position specifically was created to bring state government alive through digital interaction that explains how everyday Wyomingites are affected by statehouse activity.
Develop, implement, and manage the digital components of Wyoming’s state government journalism and coverage in a way that informs communities about current events and inspires civic engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the overall and day-to-day online/digital presence for state government coverage.
- Create visual content (e.g. graphs, videos) to engage audiences.
- Manage live and virtual events to engage diverse audiences in understanding policies and legislation.
- Manage social media activity. Work with digital staff at lead and partner stations to create timely and stimulating information, activity, and engagement.
- Ensure that all digital content is optimized for search results, meets style-guide standards, and is publish-ready
- Develop and maintain analytics tracking requirements to enable in-depth analysis of website and its impact on the user experience.
- Contribute to the formulation and dissemination of topical publications.
- Pursue diversity in coverage that reflects the make-up of Wyoming’s communities.
- Effectively work with lead and partner stations in a collaborative manner that inspires creativity and audience interest and engagement.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Presentation skills
- Visionary Leadership
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position may be eligible for remote work and/or a flexible work schedule.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Experience: 3 years work-related experience in digital program creation with quantifiable evidence of success.
- Advanced knowledge of digital communications tools and technologies.
- Required licensure, certification, registration, or other requirements: Valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Experience in identifying and implementing effective ways to reach new audiences via digital avenues.
- Working knowledge of broadcast spot production including agility with audio production software.
- Familiarity with the public radio Grove system.
- Knowledge of public radio programming and digital trends.
- Experience in developing social media audiences and strategies
- Positive, can-do attitude; ability to collaborate, communicate, and ask for help when needed.
- Ability to live in Wyoming.
- Cover letter
- Resume or C.V.
- Contact information for four work-related references.
- Work Samples to include:
- Links to examples of digital content and web design
This position will remain open until filled.
Wyoming Public Media serves as the Lead Network; Jackson Hole Community Radio serves as the Partner Station. The University of Wyoming is the Employer for this position.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com .
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Wyoming Public Media is a service of the University of Wyoming.