|Date Posted||November 18, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
WJAR, Southern New England's News Leader, is looking for a multi-platform Meteorologist!
The qualified candidate will be responsible for working with our Storm Team 10 meteorologists in the creation of daily weather segments and live-breaking/severe weather events, producing weather-related stories or prime-time weather specials across broadcast, digital, and social platforms. Along with the Chief and Senior Meteorologists, you will be responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. You will present on-air forecasts, issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and provide content to digital and social media.
The main day-to-day responsibilities of the role will include...
- Forecasting, Producing, and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
- Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- At least two years of experience presenting weather and producing forecasts
- Degree in Atmospheric Sciences, Meteorology or Broadcast Journalism
- Must have a strong understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and other forms of social media to help build content
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
- Familiarity with WSI weather technology, Total Traffic systems, and Avid is a plus
- Must be willing to work overnights, weekends, or holidays in a 24/7 news environment
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!