|Date Posted||November 13, 2023|
Seeking experienced bilingual copy editor
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is seeking an experienced bilingual copy editor for its universal desk. The ideal candidate can write catchy headlines in English or Spanish, catch mistakes others miss, quickly compile roundups and turn around a late-breaking, section-front story in a matter of minutes. The candidate should be comfortable proofing and releasing final pages and should also have the ability to take on special projects — such as special sections and books — and work with others to plan sections and coordinate copy flow for print, digital and other platforms. Pagination experience is also desirable since occasional design work could be required.
• A minimum of three years of experience as a copy editor at a mid-size to metro daily newspaper
• Proficiency in editing and writing in both English and Spanish
• Proficiency in writing headlines, captions, teases and other display copy to specifications
• Familiarity with The Associated Press Stylebook
• A basic understanding of Adobe InDesign
• Experience with WireTracker and/or NewsEngin would be a plus
Las Vegas is as dynamic a news market as anywhere in the country, and the Review-Journal is the area’s dominant news source. Southern Nevada is home to about 2.3 million people, plus up to 200,000 visitors on any given day. It is a diverse metro area with a vibrant downtown and cultural scene, and it’s a half-day drive or less to some of the West’s most spectacular outdoor recreation and national parks.
The Review-Journal is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. Passing a drug and background screen is a requirement for employment. This position is based in Las Vegas, Nevada, and requires a reliable vehicle.
We offer a generous benefits package including 401(k) with matching contributions.
Please send a cover letter, resume and samples of your best work to Nathan Estep, assistant managing editor for visuals, at email@example.com.