|Date Posted||September 19, 2023|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
*This position requires working evenings, weekends and holidays. THIS POSITION IS FULLY REMOTE
- Use content from local publications and shared content digests to create readable, appealing newspaper pages.
- Prioritize content based on previous experience and knowledge of local communities.
- Edit incoming copy for style, accuracy and suitability for print editions.
- Select and prepare regional, national and special interest content for publication.
- Design various sections of the newspaper. can include selecting art and graphics.
- Review final page proofs and make necessary changes.
- Communicate with editors, other designers and managers remotely via Slack, instant message, email and phone.
- Determine best usage of content for publication, including designing to showcase content, create graphics and other visual elements.
- Manage sharing of content between publications to facilitate timely story flow and distribution of news, features and sports content.
- Manage copy flow, including breaking news.
- Curate advanced and specialty content for use in multiple publications.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of newspaper editing and style.
- Experience in InDesign
- Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience preferred
- Ability to work well and communicate with team members who work remotely.
- Ability to perform on deadline and to prioritize under pressure.
- Ability to achieve proficiency with a variety of PC-based applications, including Google Drive and related programs.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- At least three years editing and/or design experience either for a newspaper or news wire service is preferred, along with a degree in communications or a related field.
At Forum Communications Company, our legacy is deeply rooted in harnessing the power of communication to connect and inform people in the communities we serve. Since 1917, everything we do is driven by creating and sharing information, ideas and insights.
Today, we're a leading media and technology company that's home to a family of people whose passion and purpose is fueled by collaboration and innovation. We believe in supporting each other, working hard towards common goals and having fun.
Come for the perks: Excellent employee culture, competitive pay, 401(k), company-paid volunteer time, health and wellness initiatives for all employees. Additional perks for full-time positions include: comprehensive benefits package, generous paid time off, paid holidays and paid time off for birthday, paid parental and pregnancy disability leave for qualifying employees.
Stay for the people: Family-owned and operated since 1917, development and growth opportunities, inclusive, creative culture, safe working environment, employees of all ages and backgrounds, positive collaboration.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. FCC currently does not offer employer sponsorship.