|Date Posted||September 15, 2023|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Director of Advertising Sales; The Fifty Most Interesting Athletes + R1S1Sports.com
The Director of Advertising Sales serves as the primary driver of advertising revenue onto the known as www.the50athletes.com and www.r1s1sports.com. This full-time position requires a proactive, experienced, detailed, and client-facing professional that possesses a demonstrated ability to successfully close multi-faceted advertising programs. You are responsible for identifying opportunities, then able to develop customized offerings based on client needs and your understanding of the platform. You need to be able to operate independently when needed and think outside the box on how to generate the maximum revenue from every relationship.
This job requires you to be comfortable in a start-up environment where a “roll-up your sleeves” approach is already part of your DNA. If you are looking for a big support staff or others to solve your problems, this is not the right job for you. Often the answer will require you to just go solve the problem in a relentless pursuit to drive revenue.
The Director of Advertising Sales will also need to successfully engage with the Executive Editor/Chief Content Officer to understand our storytelling platforms and maximize success for clients. Success in this position requires strong sales (including prospecting new business), and problem-solving skills; the ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment is vital.
Sales experience in the digital media sports space is preferred. Understanding how events, views, impressions and unique users can benefit potential clients is mandatory. We have two viable products with excellent numbers. We need someone who can show future clients the value of our products to their businesses and close the deal.
In addition to our two web platforms, we also have an annual TV show and a keepsake book.
- Identify, prioritize, and secure advertising and sponsorship contracts.
- Drive revenue for both platforms by seeking partnerships with various direct clients and agencies.
- Use a consultative approach by offering strategic media solutions to all clients.
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service.
- Build and own your new business pipeline.
- Maintain accurate agency opportunity analysis to support company forecasting and planning.
- Establish a strong network across advertiser/brand groups, from media planning to C-level.
- Use data to spot and prioritize market opportunities; identify prospects and develop execution plans to achieve revenue targets.
- Along with marketing, create compelling proposals and media plans that convert and drive revenue growth
- Work closely and collaboratively with athlete management, tech developers, athlete recruitment, and creative teams to deliver world class, profitable campaigns, which deliver ROI for clients.
- Input on the future development of advertising products, joining cross-functional teams to share brands’ perspectives and improve commercial viability of the brands.
- Initially, responsible for trafficking media materials to colleagues, and insertion orders to accounting for billing. Note: as revenue increases there will be the addition of an Ad Traffic Coordinator position to take over these tasks.
• Attends staff meetings as necessary.
• Attends necessary industry events as directed.
- Travel to clients as needed. Face to face will be key.
- Collaborates with Executive Editor/Chief Content Officer on idea generation as we build out products.
• If required, attend annual investor relations summits and team think tanks.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this Job
Send your resume to this employer.