Write for Politics Code Blue
Who We Are:
Politics Code Blue isn't just another media outlet; we are a new, mission-driven platform dedicated to exposing the dangerous underbelly of today's MAGA Republican Party. As the 2024 election cycle heats up, we are intensifying our efforts to shine a spotlight on the GOP's threat to democracy, their voter suppression tactics, and their dangerous liaisons with extremist ideologies.
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking passionate, politically progressive freelance writers and journalists who can help us deliver powerful pieces aimed at defeating Trump, MAGA, and the ideologies, politics, and hatred that have led us to where we are today. Our focus is on analysis, truthful reporting, investigations, satire, and opinions that cut through the noise and get to the heart of the issues.
Topics of Interest Include But Are Not Limited To:
- The GOP's assault on democracy
- Voter suppression and the Big Lie
- Ties to white supremacists and neo-Nazis
- Right-wing media disinformation
- Gun fetishism within the GOP
- Discrimination against immigrants, people of color, Black individuals, and LGBTQ+ Americans
- Economic irresponsibility
- Income inequality and how the GOP aims to widen disparities
- Climate change and public health denial
- What Democrats can do and are doing to improve the lives of all Americans
- Why Democrats must win in 2024
- A strong commitment to progressive politics
- Excellent writing and/or multimedia skills (We are also looking for video journalists, cartoonists, satirists, and more so feel free to apply for these roles too!)
- A desire to be part of a startup political media company determined to improve the conditions of this country
$100 per article, with opportunities for growth as we expand.
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume and writing/multimedia samples to email@example.com with a subject line indicating what you're applying for.
- Include why you think you're a great fit for this role.
- Feel free to include specific article pitches!
If you want to be part of something bigger than yourself, to stand up for justice and truth, and make a real impact, then we want to hear from you.
Let's make Politics Code Blue the go-to source for progressive analysis and commentary.
Jenn Dize, Editor-In-Chief, Politics Code Blue