|Date Posted||September 12, 2023|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
Washingtonian’s editorial fellowship offers applicants the chance to immerse themselves in all aspects of making a magazine. As a regional magazine for the national capital, we cover a universe that includes national newsmakers and hometown tastemakers, everything from power politics to local real estate to the ways our diverse city shops, eats, and dresses. Our editorial fellows fact-check stories, work occasional magazine events, and write as often as possible for our magazine and our website. The ideal applicant is a self-starter, ready to collaborate with our creative newsroom and get fired up about covering the day’s happenings in Washington—but also someone with enough curiosity to sniff out interesting news, trends, and personalities that aren’t already in the media. Over the years, our editorial fellows have written feature stories, landed magazine jobs, and had tons of fun. Join us!
- Pitch and write articles for the print magazine and website
- Research and fact-check print stories
- Assist with Washingtonian public programming
- Attend daily and weekly staff meetings
- Available to work full time Monday through Friday
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
Fellows are paid at a rate of $17/hour
To apply: Please send your résumé, cover letter and two clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clips should be hyperlinked or in PDF format. The application deadline for the spring fellowship is Monday, November 6 at 11:59 PM. This fellowship will run from early January through late May.
Preferred that applicants live in DC/Maryland/Virginia or be willing to relocate.