|Date Posted||September 11, 2023|
|Required Education||Associate's Degree|
Provides reporting and general news writing and occasional photography for the bi-monthly Tribal newspaper, Smoke Signals. Covers a variety of Tribal and community events, meetings and activities for the Publications Office. Provides support for the Publications Office to ensure the efficient, timely and accurate delivery of program services.
- Covers and reports on assigned local and state stories for Tribal newspaper.
- Writes and takes occasional photos for general news articles on issues affecting the Tribal community and Indian Country as it relates to the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with Tribal government, staff and others concerning current news.
- Conducts interviews for assigned news and general stories.
- Writes photo captions.
- Types occasional submissions to Smoke Signals.
- Submits travel forms, requisition forms, reimbursement requests and timesheets.
- Greets customers, answers telephones, and responds to requests.
- Proofreads documents and verifies accuracy.
- Operates a variety of office equipment: computer, printer, fax, copier, camera, tape recorder, etc.
- Schedules and processes work requests and maintenance service issues, equipment malfunctions and other needs.
- Enters, tracks and retrieves data.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Licenses:
- Requires an Associate’s Degree and two (2) years of journalistic work experience or a High School diploma or GED equivalence and four (4) years of journalistic work experience.
- Submission of a portfolio of work required.
- OR equivalent combination of training and experience.