|Date Posted||September 10, 2023|
KABC/ABC7, the Disney/ABC owned station in Los Angeles is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, tech-savvy, news junkie to join the Digital Team at our studios in Glendale. ABC7 covers the biggest stories of the day and how those stories impact local communities. ABC7 content ranges from news to weather, sports, traffic, and live video. Candidate must be able to write and publish in Spanish, as this role will focus primarily on ABC7.com/Espanol.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Translate and post local and national news on all digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps and social media
- Accurately translate ABC7 news reports from English to Spanish.
- Collaborate with news managers, assignment editors and talent to coordinate on-air and online news coverage
- Execute special projects for various station departments, including sales, marketing and community affairs
- 2 years of experience
- Must be able to translate, write, and publish in English and Spanish.
- Available to work flexible hours, including overnights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong editorial skills and sharp news judgement
- Excellent communication, writing, and copy-editing skills
- Proven ability to multitask and thrive in a high pressure news environment
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong newsgathering abilities
- Proficient in AP Style
- Solid knowledge of basic HTML
- Strong understanding of best practices for social media platforms
- Working knowledge of digital metrics/analytics
- Understands SEO best practices
- Familiarity with Adobe products (Photoshop, Premiere)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $62,000 to $85,000 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Please apply online at www.abc7.com/jobs or send resume to: ABC7 Los Angeles, Attn: HR, Dept. ESP/jjob 500 Circle Seven Drive, Glendale, CA 91201. Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity