|Date Posted||August 31, 2023|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
CTFN, a subscription-based investor-oriented news service, is looking for a highly motivated journalist with an interest in government, financial markets, and investigative reporting. The candidate will be responsible for covering the political and regulatory environment (largely antitrust enforcement) around large publicly traded company transactions and other business events. The successful candidate will work closely with CTFN's team of reporters, editors, and analysts to develop impactful news and insights.
The candidate will be expected to establish and maintain relationships with key sources and contacts associated with the D.C. antitrust community, regulatory bodies such as the FTC and DOJ, and the Hill. The position is based in Washington, D.C. and will require some travel.
- An interest in politics, antitrust law, as well as the financial markets
- Tenacity, dedication, and the ability to work independently
- Excellent phone manner and interviewing skills
- Strong research skills
- A demonstrated ability to write clearly
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to improvise and think quickly on your feet
- Flexibility of thought and a desire to uncover the truth
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Previous work in finance, government, and/or journalism preferred
CTFN provides in-depth news on mergers, event-driven situations, and major corporate developments with the detail and accuracy commensurate with a professional investor’s perspective. CTFN offers readers worldwide – hedge funds, mutual funds, institutional investors, deal professionals, legal participants, regulators and industry executives – a cutting-edge, investigative news product that reflects the tireless efforts of a talented team of journalists and analysts.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to careers@CTFN.news. Writing samples may be requested at a later date. Learn more about CTFN at CTFN.news
Apply for this Job
Send your resume to this employer.