|Date Posted||August 29, 2023|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive public relations program for a division, school or large department to promote its image and enhance public recognition among targeted constituencies.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates special events.
- May coordinate the development of a speaker's bureau, open houses, or lecture series.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate means of promotion such as media relations, publications, web site development, and community events.
- Coordinates public relations activities with appropriate individuals throughout the University and within the community.
- Prepares a variety of communications materials for publication including news releases, feature stories, background sheets, and editorials; coordinates their dissemination.
- Develops short- and long-term objectives.
- Manages staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
- Creates a comprehensive media relations strategy to increase our reach and impact.
- Cultivates close relationships with key media so that they are responsive to story ideas and turns to Rollins for public health news related needs.
- Drafts and edits op-eds for the Dean of the Rollins School of Public Health and other key school leaders.
- Creates an op-ed placement strategy and pitch and places op-eds for the Dean of the Rollins School of Public Health and other key school leaders.
- Creates a strategy for the social media presence for the Dean of the Rollins School of Public Health and runs the Dean’s social accounts in partnership with the Dean.
- Research, writes, and edits speeches, talking points, and video scripts for the Dean of the Rollins School of Public Health to deliver at internal and external events and across a variety of functions.
- Identifies strategic speaking opportunities for the Dean of the Rollins School of Public Health and other key school leaders to reach our priority target audiences.
- Partners with other members of the Communications and Marketing team to provide media training to school leaders and faculty.
- A bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism or related field.
- Seven years of public relations, writing or related work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree and seven years of professional experience in public relations, media relations, journalism, communications and marketing, or a related field.
- Experience working with local and national media outlets and a track record of securing successful coverage in high-profile and diverse outlets.
- Experience in health and science communication.
- Strong news judgment.
- Firm grasp of grammar, spelling, and style.
- Superior writing and communication skills.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department. This role requires residency in the state of GA. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.