inewsource is an award-winning, nonprofit news organization dedicated to providing comprehensive, data-driven journalism to the San Diego and Imperial counties. With a deep commitment to investigative reporting, inewsource shines a light on critical issues, holds institutions accountable, and empowers citizens with unbiased, reliable information. The organization has built a reputation for uncovering stories that have a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals and the broader community.
With an unwavering commitment to journalistic excellence and a vision for a stronger, more connected community, inewsource seeks a visionary and dynamic Executive Director to lead the organization into a future of continued growth and success. The inewsource team is made up of 22 employees and operates a budget of $2.8m. In partnership with the CEO, this new position will oversee management and operations to continue building the organization's sustainability, relevance, and partnerships within the community.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day management and strategic implementation, thus driving the organization toward its vision. The Executive Director manages the Director of Finance & Operations, Director of Development, Director of Growth & Partnerships, and Managing Editor roles, ensuring effective cross-department partnerships and an inclusive organizational culture while fostering a dynamic and collaborative environment that encourages innovation and excellence in journalism.
• Implement, lead, and achieve organizational goals in line with the short- and long-term strategic vision, developed in partnership with the Board and CEO.
• Manage the executive leadership team and foster a culture where employees feel safe, valued, and respected, enabling them to work effectively.
• Implement strategic priorities in alignment with the CEO, Board, and other stakeholders.
• Set annual organizational and employee goals, inspire and support employees to achieve or exceed targets, and address obstacles hindering progress.
• Ensure the organization has effective management systems and structures in place and meets all professional standards.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Cultivate inclusive and equitable working relationships with employees, the Board, the audience, and community members.
• Support and enhance the sense of belonging and success of employees from historically marginalized populations.
• Model DEI concepts and issues, especially regarding recruitment and performance management, and actively promote an inclusive and equitable work environment.
• Collaborate with the Board to encourage DEI principles in recruiting and retaining Board members.
Finance and Legal
• Oversee the development, reporting, forecasting, and management of the organization's annual budget, ensuring sound financial management within that budget.
• Support the CEO and the Board in maintaining the organization's overall financial health.
• Assist in building and maintaining financial reserves.
• Manage risks that could significantly impact inewsource and communicate them to the Board and other stakeholders.
• Oversee fundraising strategy for contributed and earned income, including individual donor stewardship and cultivation through the Spotlight Club and individual giving.
• Lead and supervise the Director of Development in implementing fundraising initiatives, including grant-writing and prospecting for new and renewing funding opportunities.
• Explore and develop earned income revenue streams with the Director of Growth and Partnerships to complement the organization's fundraising efforts.
• Initiate, cultivate, and extend relationships with inewsource's portfolio of individual, foundation, and corporate supporters to achieve fundraising targets.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as an executive leader in a nonprofit organization.
• Journalism/media experience is a plus.
• Strong nonprofit business skills, including the ability to create and implement successful strategic and sustainability plans.
• Effective, diplomatic, and clear communication style internally, with the board, staff, stakeholders, and the public.
• Proven results in fundraising, sales, and strategic partnership building.
• Experience managing an operating budget exceeding $1 million.
• Proven experience in management and supervision.
• Strong attention to detail with superb problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional communication (both written and spoken).
• Proven success within a highly flexible, visible, entrepreneurial culture; comfortable working under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment; experience leading in a remote or hybrid work environment.
• Demonstrated inclination to proactively lead, drive initiatives, and inspire teams toward achieving collective goals.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $135K-155K. Excellent benefits are offered including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan. Cellphone stipend, professional development reimbursement, and paid vacation with an additional 5 sick days/year, 11 holidays/year, and winter break of 5 personal days. This is a hybrid position with remote work flexibility to be determined.
inewsource is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans. Envision Consulting was retained by inewsource to conduct the search for their incoming Executive Director. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.
To apply: https://grnh.se/1b66c5cd1us
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency