|Date Posted||November 29, 2023|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The Epoch Times is looking to hire dedicated and self-motivated journalists in the United States to cover news and features of national interest, crafting stories that are rigorous, authoritative, balanced, and serious. Remote and in-person positions are open.
Ideal candidates should be grounded in ethical journalism and dedicated to seeking the truth, regardless of how it may contrast with personal bias or convictions.
– Write clean-copy, AP-style news articles based on original reporting. (Expected story production varies, depending on the complexity of the work filed each week.)
– Anticipate, prepare for, and cover major developments within an assigned beat
– Build meaningful relationships with sources
– Collect material for feature stories and maintain a pipeline of content to ensure daily production
– Generate and pitch ideas for original stories and features
– Be available to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, holidays, and periodic travel
– A four-year degree in journalism, communications, or a related field and three years of experience as a professional reporter...or published material impressive enough to forego the requirements.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three samples of your news writing to Ivan Pentchoukov -- firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.