|Date Posted||May 26, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the MLB Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games, features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans. Marquee is also the television home of the WNBA Chicago Sky, providing a variety of exciting coverage.
We are seeking a full-time Graphic Designer who will contribute to build upon the visual identity of Marquee Sports Network. This role provides support for the graphics and production teams with game-day design and support throughout the regular Cubs season, as well as be a primary source for Network branding and creation of set designs for Marquee's roster of shows/specials. They will provide direct support to internal departments through all stages of project development and execute strategic creative initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a designer in a fast-paced, live television environment
- Design across a wide spectrum of items - ranging from digital/social static items to building animated elements etc.
- Collaborate with on-air production team to design and produce day-of-game studio and broadcast graphics
- Utilize still and animated After Effects templates while also leading custom set development for special events and holidays
- Develop and build team assets for seasonal use
- Maintain and organize logo/assets as needed for ease of use across all mediums
- Assist in template building alongside the Lead Motion Graphic Designer, as well as help to train and supervise freelancers
- Working specific games and assisting in oversight of freelance day-of-game designers (including nights and weekends)
- Assist with sales mock-ups, sponsor items, marketing creative, and promo requests as needed
- Adhere to Marquee Sports Network's brand guidelines and expectations across platforms
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Prior AfterEffects / Motion Graphics experience (1-2 years preferred)
- A sports background or passion for designing in sports is a big plus
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, as well as being a team player
- Ability to work quickly under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize projects or delegate items in a timely manner
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- A great attitude and work ethic
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.