Daily News Editor - California
The Epoch Times
All Locations, CaliforniaSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||May 22, 2023|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Daily News Editor will be responsible for overseeing the daily news cycle in California. The Daily News Editor must have excellent news judgment, strong writing and editing skills, and the ability to work well under pressure. Ideal candidates should be grounded in journalism ethics and dedicated to seeking the truth regardless of how it may contrast with personal bias or convictions.
– Edit and review all news content for accuracy, clarity, completeness, objectivity, grammar, spelling, organization, readability, and style
– Write clear and informative headlines
– Monitor news trends and identify opportunities for coverage
– Coordinate with reporters and editors to ensure consistency in style, tone, and quality
– Ensure that all content complies with company policies and guidelines, including ethics, accuracy, and style
– Work flexible days and hours that may include nights and weekends
– Bachelor’s degree in journalism is preferred
– 3+ years of experience in a newsroom or editorial environment
– Strong knowledge of AP style
– Excellent news judgment and strong writing and editing skills
– Strong organizational and time-management skills
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced news environment
The annual pay range for this role is between $45,000 and $70,000. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range accordingly to the selected candidate’s experience, locations, technical skills, and other factors.
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in working for The Epoch Times to HR@epochtimesCA.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.