Regional News Reporter
The Epoch Times
All Locations, All LocationsSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||May 22, 2023|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Epoch Times seeks reporters in every U.S. state to cover state or regional news. Ideal candidates should be grounded in journalism ethics and dedicated to seeking the truth regardless of how it may contrast with personal bias or convictions.
- Find, pitch, and write state or regional news stories
- Cover breaking news events and scheduled events, including court cases, in related states or regions
- Follow major stories closely and be prepared, including through pre-writing, to rapidly cover major and breaking developments
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of mid- and feature-length articles
- Build meaningful relationships with sources
- Travel to attend events and hearings, conduct on the ground reporting and interview sources
- Adhere to the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics and The Epoch Times reporting guidelines
- Work flexible days and hours that may include nights and weekends
- Clear and concise AP-style news writing on a deadline
- Strong narrative skills for feature articles
- A proven ability to tell complicated stories in a thorough yet readable way
- Acumen for analyzing data, reports and trends.
- The ability to take well-composed still photos is a big plus
- Bachelors’ degree
- Three years of experience as a professional reporter in related state or region
The annual base pay range for this role is between $45,000 and $70,000. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range accordingly to the selected candidate's experience, location, technical skills, and other factors.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and three relevant samples of your news writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.