Senior Writer, NFL and College Football
Remote/Hybrid USA, All LocationsSee other jobs from this company
The Messenger is a new digital media company, whose mission it is to deliver accurate, balanced, non-partisan reporting across every subject, from news, politics and business to sports and entertainment.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Writer to join our team covering the NFL and College Football. The ideal candidate will have a passion for football and the ability to write engaging, informative, and insightful articles on a wide range of football-related topics.
- Contribute stories in a variety of formats and lengths, utilizing a deep network of sources
- Meet all deadlines with clean copy that meets company style and assigned length guidelines
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news and trends in the world of football
- Collaborate with other writers and editors to ensure high-quality content
- Balance ambitious storytelling and in-depth features with topical stories and news analysis.
- Develop and pitch new story ideas and projects
- Minimum of 5 years of professional writing experience, preferably in sports journalism or related field
- Expert ability to bring unique elements to stories, and/or a proven ability to be first on stories that matter to fans, is greatly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of football at all levels, including current and developing trends in analytics, metrics, science and business
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work within a team in a fast-paced environment. Ability to travel as assigned.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.