|Date Posted||April 26, 2023|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Epoch Times is seeking experienced News Reporters to cover the technology industry in the United States. The ideal candidate should be grounded in ethical journalism, committed to report, and write news articles that focus on such as artificial intelligence (AI), cybersecurity, business software development, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify, pitch, and write 2-3 clean-copy news articles per day that focus on a wide range of technology business subjects.
- Follow major stories closely to rapidly cover major and breaking developments in the tech industry.
- Make calls and write emails to various news sources like PR, law enforcement, and attorneys, etc., when necessary.
- Write clearly and concisely following the AP Style Guidelines.
- Perform under tight deadlines.
- At least 5 years of journalism experience in writing and reporting on technology for a business or tech publication.
- Broad knowledge of the technology industry in general.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Strong desire to be first to report something.
- Solid news judgement and excellent journalism ethics.
Send your resume, a cover letter, 3+ samples of your work (URLs and/or attachments, please include links to any relevant photo or videos samples) and 3 references to FreelanceJobs@EpochTimes.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.