|Date Posted||June 01, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
KBAK/KBFX is looking to hire an anchor for our noon newscasts who is also a multi-media journalist. The ideal candidate will be an experienced journalist who will dig beyond the events of the day to generate unique content. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who lives and breathes news! Strong live skills are required. The candidate will display professionalism and personality both on and off the air. This position requires a strong work ethic, broad knowledge of current affairs, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. In addition, this anchor/reporter must develop sources, and pitch compelling, enterprise stories. May be required to do desktop editing. Candidates must have a proven presence on social media and be as comfortable in the social media world as they are in broadcasting.
You must be a self-starter with a great attitude and a desire to win. We require that you are able to work independently in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, gathering information to discern the newsworthiness of events.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Reporters will research and generate enterprise story ideas every day. T
- hey must be able to shoot, write, and edit their own packages.
- Photographers are sometimes assigned to reporters based on the complexity of the story or to shoot the live shot as needed.
- Reporters also generate digital content, including web scripts of their broadcast stories.
- They are also regularly engaged on social media to build their brand beyond broadcast.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism or a related field
- Two years of reporting experience at a television news station is preferred.
- The successful candidate will perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to perform energetic, compelling live shots.
- Applications without links to work examples will not be considered.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
The hourly compensation range for this role is $18.00 to $20.10. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, quarterly and annual incentive plan bonuses, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, 15 paid vacation days, 2 paid personal days, 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of paid sick leave, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility, and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com © 1998-2023