Assignment Editor / Lead Curator
Hybrid/Remote USA, All LocationsSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||March 17, 2023|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$100,000 - $120,000|
The Messenger is seeking an experienced Assignment Editor / Lead Curator to join our newsroom. The ideal candidate will be responsible for flagging stories, editing, and writing news stories, managing editorial calendars, and ensuring that all content is accurate, engaging, and aligned with the organization's editorial mission.
- Flag breaking news and trending stories, and work with reporters to develop timely and informative news coverage.
- Edit and write news stories that are accurate, engaging, and informative.
- Manage editorial calendars and ensure that all content is delivered on time and aligned with the organization's editorial mission.
- Collaborate with reporters, producers, and other members of the editorial team to ensure that all stories are effectively curated, edited, and promoted.
- Monitor news wires, social media, and other sources to identify stories and trends that are relevant to our audience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key sources and contributors.
- Ensure that all content is optimized for SEO and social media.
- Manage a team of reporters and assignment editors to ensure that all content is high-quality, accurate, engaging, and rapid.
- Develop and implement editorial guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as design and development, to ensure that all content is visually appealing, user-friendly, and optimized for different platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an assignment editor, news editor, or a related role within a newsroom.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong news judgment and the ability to identify stories and trends that are relevant to our audience.
- Familiarity with SEO and social media best practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Knowledge of AP style and other editorial guidelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with different CMS and editorial tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com © 1998-2023