Lead Podcast Producer
MLive Media Group
Grand Rapids, Michigan
|Date Posted||March 17, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
MLive Media Group is seeking a Lead Podcast Producer to manage, develop, produce and promote all MLive audio products across multiple platforms. This job is perfect for someone with a background in journalism, a serious passion for podcasts and demonstrable audio recording and editing experience. This person will report to the Director of Audience. When applying, please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes your five favorite podcasts or podcast episodes.
What you’ll do:
- Edit, produce and promote multiple sports podcasts every week for Michigan’s biggest teams including the Detroit Lions, the Michigan Wolverines, the Michigan State Spartans and the Detroit Tigers
- Produce seasons of the immensely popular episodic podcast Michigan Crime Stories, from start to finish, pitch to promotion
- Host and produce our longest-running news podcast Michigan News from MLive
- Conceive of and pitch ideas for possible production by Wonder Podcast Studios
- Record voice over for our EMMY award winning video team
- Promote all audio products via MLive’s social media including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
- Build audience and subscribers for all podcasts
- Grow the podcasts in quantity and quality
- Has a serious passion for podcasts
- Has demonstrable audio recording and editing experience
- Has a background in journalism
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Is comfortable using all social platforms including but not limited to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
- Is incredibly organized and can manage multiple projects at once
- Is comfortable working with multiple podcasts hosts including investigative reporters, sports reporters and other journalists
- Can coach groups to hit deadlines and keep production on schedule
- Is comfortable working solo on projects
- Has an advanced understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Could set up a podcast recording studio from scratch if asked
- Is comfortable finding sources, contacting them and traveling to them to capture high-quality audio in the field
- Understands the podcast industry and what makes a successful podcast
- Can coach colleagues with zero audio experience on how to successfully record high-quality audio at home
- Can be counted on as the in-house expert for audio equipment choices, high-quality audio recording and audio editing
- Has knowledge of the Michigan media environment and online news
What could set you apart:
- Are you someone who loves sports but doesn’t want to be pigeon-holed as a one-dimensional journalist? Is your Twitter feed a wild mix of politics, pure Michigan, local news AND sports? This is the perfect place for you to do it all.
- Could you take already existing podcasts and grow audience via YouTube playlists or video promotion?
- Do you think you could bring ideas to the table and pitch them to leadership?
- Are you someone who independently stays informed of current events?
- Does it excite you that you would be publishing to Michigan’s largest news and information site?
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com © 1998-2023