Reporter, Private Credit
New York City, New York
|Date Posted||March 03, 2023|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||Annual base salary: $64,800-$112,000|
At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive mentorship, education and training programs help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
Leveraged Commentary & Data (LCD) provides news and research on the leveraged finance markets to 80,000 plus subscribers worldwide. The News Team offers real-time and analytical coverage of the leveraged loan, high-yield bond, collateralized loan obligation and distressed debt markets. The Research Team is responsible for maintaining LCD’s databases, ensuring that not only is information entered in a timely fashion, but also with the utmost attention to accuracy and quality. We are a leading information provider whose success hinges upon producing best-in-class data and research products.
The Private Credit Reporter at LCD tracks loan issuance and trends in the fast-growing private credit, direct lending and middle market loan space, reporting on deals as they emerge via LCD’s market-leading real-time news and analysis platform.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Produce real-time stories detailing a rapidly growing type of financing: private credit, along the sometimes rocky path from issuance mandate to repayment or bankruptcy
- Follow trends, market moves, industry developments and the personalities behind deal activity
- Produce in-depth analytical pieces detailing trends in the leveraged loan and leveraged finance marketplace and how these segments interact relying on sources/interviews and LCD research
- Weekly and quarterly analytical content
- Cultivate and maintain market sources and other sources of content (internal databases, web scraping tools, etc.)
- Contribute to other subscriber/public-facing news and analytical content, such as webinars, videos, question and answers with market leaders and more
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years experience covering financial markets, ideally with knowledge/background in leveraged finance, debt, structured finance or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with handling and parsing large of amounts of data, quickly and accurately
- Strong writing/editing skills
- Ability to work under real-time deadlines
- Financial Services reporting
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $64,800-$112,000
- Target annual bonus percentage: 7.5%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.