Digital Writer Editor
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Charlotte, North CarolinaSee other jobs from this company
|Date Posted||February 21, 2023|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Digital Writer/Editor is responsible for creating and editing original articles and other digital content for BillyGraham.org, ministry email newsletters, and other BGEA websites.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
All employees proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through their employment, and thereby further BGEA’s religious mission.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives story assignments from Online Content Manager
- Brainstorms original story ideas
- Interviews BGEA staff and others
- Reports on ministry events in real time, writing articles on deadline for BillyGraham.org,
- Writes and edits for other BGEA ministry websites
- Creates and edits content for BGEA ministry update e-mails and other digital communications
- Edits existing content for use in articles and spiritual help sections
- Researches and fact-checks for articles and other online content
- Travels on short notice to cover Billy Graham Rapid Response Team ministry efforts
- Maintains understanding of Biblical and ethical position of BGEA and accurately represents related doctrinal and theological positions in articles and other content related to the ministry, world events, religious views, and political events
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Travels with BGEA staff to report on real-time ministry events
- Updates photo galleries and video pages with new content
- Works with other ministry departments to report on BGEA activities
- Communicates regularly with the social media team on sharable content
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of bachelor-level degree in Journalism or Communications, with at least 1-3 years’ experience in writing and editing content for the website, print, or other media
- Thorough knowledge of Internet technologies and understanding of differences between print and electronic communication
- Understanding of biblical and ethical positions of BGEA and ability to communicate them accurately
- Willingness to update websites on weekends and evenings
- Willingness to travel
- Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience with online content management systems
- Experience with Photoshop
- Ability to write journalistically, communicating digitally with engaging communications
- Ability to think and work with creativity and innovation
- Ability to edit stories, emails to comply with BGEA’s voice and style guide
- Ability to perform extensive research and fact-checking
- Ability to meet deadlines amid changing circumstances
- Determination to complete tasks even in adverse circumstances
- Work is typically performed in a conventional office located at BGEA HQ in Charlotte, NC
- Travel and working from remote locations in challenging conditions is occasionally required.