All Things Considered Host / Reporter
|Date Posted||January 25, 2023|
|Salary||$15,000 to $20,000|
All Things Considered Host/Reporter
Reports to: Program Director or Managing Editor
KGOU Radio, Norman, Oklahoma
KGOU public radio is looking for an on-air voice to greet afternoon listeners in the Oklahoma City metro area. Our next local All Things Considered host will be an engaging announcer with a conversational on-air sound. We’re looking for somebody with sharp news instincts and strong storytelling skills, who will produce news stories that air in ATC and may be called on to file national news spots and fill in on other host shifts, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism, communications, political science or other appropriate field or near completion of degree requirements;
- One year of experience in broadcasting, or some equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style;
- On-air announcing experience;
- Experience with web posting, broadcast and audio editing software and equipment;
- Time management and organization skills, including reliability and punctuality;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
This is a part-time position with regular hours expected to be Monday through Friday from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for a total of up to 25 hours per week. The hourly rate for this non-exempt position is $20.00 per hour, with OU benefits available commensurate to the position. The position is open until filled. Anticipated start date is February 15, 2023.
More information is available at http://kgou.org/jobs. The application is made online at https://jobs.ou.edu – search for Requisition 230206. KGOU Radio at the University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.