Saint Louis, Missouri
|Date Posted||January 25, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Bally Sports Midwest is seeking a Finance Coordinator. The Sinclair Broadcast Group-owned Regional Sports Network is home to more than 500+ live, local events per year, including the St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Blues, Kansas City Royals, Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever, college basketball and Indiana High School Athletic Association.
This position is responsible for assisting the Finance Department in the day-to-day operations. Including but not limited to Accounts Payable, reporting, periodic forecasting, and annual budgeting processes. Such responsibilities include, working with various departments to incorporate financial information, facilitating the monthly general ledger closing process, analyzing, and interpreting trends/variances, presenting findings to management, and special projects requested by departmental and executive management.
- Perform accounts payable tasks such as submitting and coding invoices and check requests and tracking/resolving outstanding payment issues.
- Sets up and maintain vendors/suppliers.
- Submit and review freelance payroll. Ensure contracts are current, monitor contractual wages.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed production and event spreadsheets, and reconciling differences to budget and forecast. Record production expenses and crew wages into monthly flash (cost estimate) sheets for the production accrual.
- Assists with preparing journal entries, as needed.
- Manage the G&A/Finance AMEX purchasing card for suite catering, client trips, office supplies and reoccurring monthly bills.
- Assists in ticket operations. Perform ticket audits, as needed.
- Special projects requested by departmental and executive management
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting not required but preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the finance/general administrative area, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Ability to learn/know/use Oracle, TM1 and other financial applications is required.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills are required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary, including the ability to present financial information clearly to senior management.
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful.
- Proven analytical skills are necessary.
- Advanced math, excel and analytical skills.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.